Field, Wood and Bushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field, Wood and Bushcraft

Information forum for those interested in wood, field, bush craft and other outdoor activities.Come in and enjoy

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leatherman "Skeletool"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fireeze
Admin
Admin
Fireeze

Leatherman "Skeletool"  Empty
PostSubject: Leatherman "Skeletool"    Leatherman "Skeletool"  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 5:00 am

LEATHERMAN "SKELETOOL"

Leatherman "Skeletool"  Ic7jtl

I know that a good multi-tool is well worth having as not only does it help with numerous tasks when out and about but also comes in handy for those odd jobs around the house. It has to be of lasting quality and something you wouldn’t want to leave the house without.

SPECS
1. 4 in | 10 cm (closed)
2. 5.0 oz | 142 g
3. 2.6 | 6.6cm Blade length

FEATURES
1. Stainless Steel with 6061-T6 Aluminum Handle Insert
2. Stainless Steel body
3. Outside-accessible Blade for One-handed Opening
4. All Locking Blades and Tools
5. Removable Pocket clip
6. 25-year Warranty
7. Nylon Belt Pouch
8. Free Laser Engraving/personalisation

TOOLS
1. 420HC Stainless Steel Clip-point Knife
2. Needle nose Pliers
3. Regular Pliers
4. Wire Cutters
5. Hard-wire Cutters
6. Large Bit Driver
7. Bottle Opener
8. Carabiner Clip
9. INCLUDED BITS: Phillips #1 and #2 Bit, Screwdriver 3/16" and 1/4" Bit

RRP: £69.95
Distributors: Whitby & co

Leatherman "Skeletool"  4kic6h

The overall feel of this tool is light yet sturdy. It fits comfortably in the hand with each position needed for the different uses. All of the tools have a secure locking mechanism and open/close easily.

The pocket clip is a bit thin for my liking and doesn’t sit well when carried by it. You can choose to remove it if you want to. The carbiner on the other hand clips on with ease and feels more than secure and doesn’t get in the way when hanging from a belt loop or from a back pack. The nylon sheath that comes with it is by far the most comfortable and secure way of carrying the tool. It allows easy and quick access when carried on the belt.

The blade which is 420 high carbon stainless steel has a clip point and holds an excellent edge that sharpens up quickly with just a strop. The fact that you can use the blade without having to open the tool up is a superb feature which is added to by the thumb hole for one handed opening. It can handle heavy use such as splitting/shaping wood, skinning, boning, boring holes, as well as finer work.

Leatherman "Skeletool"  30dbj9e Leatherman "Skeletool"  9hmb5z

The combination pliers, (needle nose, regular and wire cutters), proved to be a great boon, handling all the jobs I kept finding for them. With previous multi tools I found that the grip on the pliers “Mashed” after a couple of uses but not so with this tool and the cutters are still slicing with ease.

Leatherman "Skeletool"  2n7e494 Leatherman "Skeletool"  Ifrhon
(Re-nocking and re-fletching an arrow.)

Leatherman "Skeletool"  343i6af Leatherman "Skeletool"  9fzn2s
(Using the wire cutters to re-wire a spot lamp.)

The Screwdriver has a changeable locking clip allowing you to swap the bits over easily. I found using the driver excellent as long as the screw wasn’t in a real tight position.

Leatherman "Skeletool"  5k2csy Leatherman "Skeletool"  2rqdf6q
(Fixing down the head of the hoe, adding another door lock.)

After 2 weeks fairly heavy work the finish to the heads are a bit scuffed but they have not “squashed” showing they are of good material. The extra bit holder I don’t think is secure enough as I found the spare bit in my pocket a few times, although when carried in the pouch I didn’t have that trouble.

Leatherman "Skeletool"  B5s00g Leatherman "Skeletool"  Es9uex
(2 Weeks later and the condition of the bit heads and grip on the pliers are still excellent.)

The multi tools I've had in the past have been nothing to write home about. In a very short period of time something has either rattled lose, snapped etc. I even had one that completely fell apart in my pocket but I have found the Skeletool to be versatile, robust, easy to use and above all reliable.

The “Skeletool” from Leatherman is the perfect companion for those wishing for a tool that is fast and easy to use. It is more than just a knife and has the added advantage of having none of the weight and bulk of a normal multi tool. The free laser engraving makes it a great personalized item. With the 25 year warranty it is an investment and one well worth it in my opinion.

If your interested in buying shop arround for a good price on the internet, I've seen it selling for almost half the rrp.

Leatherman "Skeletool"  29yfe8

CBJ
Back to top Go down
https://fieldandwoodcraft.forumotion.co.uk

Leatherman "Skeletool"
Page 1 of 1