Field, Wood and Bushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field, Wood and Bushcraft

Information forum for those interested in wood, field, bush craft and other outdoor activities.Come in and enjoy

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fireeze
Admin
Admin
Fireeze

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Empty
PostSubject: wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)    wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 5:05 am

Hi folks, This is the follow on from the wood carrying pack I made.

As its coming into winter the wood collecting has to increase alot.

I came up with the cart so that I can pull bigger logs and much more at one time.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  316ax5c

The frame is made from an old steel Army issue bunk bed.The sides from battons from B+Q with stirling board panels.The wheels from an old bike that was not getting used.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  30uy3vm

I decided to go for a drop down tail gate just to make it easier
loading/unloading the wood and made up 2 heavy duty catches to keep it secure.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Ej5uv4

Th attaching arm was made by keeping one side of the frame long. I then bolted on a bent to shape steel chair leg, which was tedious as I had to get the measurements and angle just right so as to allow clearence for the back wheel.The end of the arm was hammered so the I could fit a D clasp through it.

The trickiest part was the bike attachment. I got a satallite dish holder and bent and grinded it to the shape needed.I drilled a hole so that it would fit over the wheel spindle and for extra strength a smaller hole was drilled so I could fit a bolt through the hole on the frame (that I think is used for putting on basket bracket). This was then bolted to the bike frame.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  28w7yu

Next 2 holes were drilled at the right height and length to fit the long eye bolt and another bolt connected together with a jubilee clip. Then the D clasp goes through the eyebolt and there we have it.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  B8v0ic

I had a few ideas from this place but had to adapt it to pull heavier loads and make it stronger overall.

http://www.howtofixbikes.ca/2006/07/big-homebuilt-el-cheapo-bicycle-cargo.html

When it has a full load it is surprisingly easy to pull and handles tight corners with ease.The good thing about this design is there is a very low torque rate and even if the bike falls over the attachment allows for this, preventing any breakages.

Collected so far minus 2 bags burnt already.

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  Jrrwvp
wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)  33a59wn
thanks for looking

Craig
Back to top Go down
https://fieldandwoodcraft.forumotion.co.uk

wood carrier part 2 (The bike cart)
Page 1 of 1