Field, Wood and Bushcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field, Wood and Bushcraft

Information forum for those interested in wood, field, bush craft and other outdoor activities.Come in and enjoy

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canvas Bell Tent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Happy Wanderer

Canvas Bell Tent Empty
PostSubject: Canvas Bell Tent   Canvas Bell Tent Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:58 am

Well, had my first weekend away in my new 4m Deluxe Bell. What can I say? If you are pondering over getting one. Just get on with it. You will wish you had done it earlier - but just be ready for the crowds. Everyone loved it. With the frontier stove in there is was just awesome. It poured down on the Friday night and inside? Not a single drip. It pitched perfectly, went away easily - although making sure it's bone dry each time is going to be a challenge.

I loved everything about it. It's bliss. OK it's not a back packing tent, but as a base camp it's perfect. Loads of room in there. I took some quilts and pillows and things to make it look a little more like the sales brochure. I also made an adapter bracket for the ring on the main pole so that I could hang my lantern and a combined lid lifter, ash rake too. They both worked perfectly.

Along with other tools like my Gransfors axe, it all blended perfectly together into a great weekend. I think that if we have snow this Winter I am going to pitch it, get the stove on and have a sleep out in the garden.

HW
Back to top Go down

Canvas Bell Tent
Page 1 of 1